Important Jewelry Information
- Each antique and vintage jewelry piece is sent off site to be evaluated by an appraiser who is not a Topazery employee and who has earned the GIA Graduate Gemologist diploma as well as the title of AGS Certified Gemologist Appraiser. The gemologist/appraiser's report is included on the Detail Page for each jewelry piece.
- An appraisal is not included with your purchase but we are pleased to provide one upon request at the time of purchase and for an additional fee. The appraiser bases the value for the jewelry on the range of prices prevailing in the most common and appropriate retail markets on the date the appraisal is completed.
- Diamonds, pearls and colored gemstones are graded by the grading standards as taught by the Gemological Institute of America (GIA). All measurements and carat weights are approximate, unless otherwise noted, and are determined without removing the stones from the mounting.
- The process of determining when a jewelry piece is made and the period it belongs to is not an exact science. The determination is based on design, materials, hallmarks, signatures, and the manufacturing method. Circa dates and period assignments are made to the best of our abilities.
All pearls are cultured unless noted as natural. All gemstones have been treated by accepted industry standards unless noted otherwise.
- Platinum refers to all metals in the platinum family and the alloys which are mixed with it -- palladium, platinum/iridium, and platinum/ruthenium and platinum/cobalt. A non-destructive acid scratch test is used to verify the metal in each jewelry piece. A refractometer is used to test gemstones.
- Commputer monitors show colors differently; please keep in mind that the actual colors in a jewelry piece may be different from the colors displayed in the website photos.
- Jewelry photographs are enlarged to show details. To help you determine if a jewelry piece is appropriate in terms of actual proportions that suit your style as well as the statement you want to make, we provide detailed measurements of the piece.
- Rings are photographed on a mannequin's hand in a glove size 6. Rings in sizes from 5.0 or smaller are photographed on a mannequin's hand in a glove size of 5.0.
- Each antique and vintage jewelry piece has been pre-owned and expertly restored unless otherwise noted under "Condition".
- For special ring orders as well as antique style and vintage inspired rings which are new, the diamond and gemstone carat weight, color, clarity, gram weight, as well as other jewelry details may vary from the website specifications.
Top of page
ęCopyright 2001 - 2015
Atlanta, GA, USA
® Topazery is a Registered Trademark
How To Order
Hassle Free Returns
Gifts Under $500
All Engagement Rings
Vintage Engagement Rings
Antique Engagement Rings
Vintage Style Engagement Rings
Champagne Diamond Rings
Aquamarine Engagement Rings
Sapphire Engagement Rings
All Wedding Rings
Vintage Wedding Rings
Vintage Style Wedding Rings
All Period Jewelry
Vintage Jewelry and Rings
Art Deco Rings and Jewelry
Vintage Jewelry Facets
Antique Jewelry Blog
Antique Diamond Cuts
In the News